A. Satisfactory demonstration of the following behavioral competencies:
- Complete behavioral competence in all Master Practitioner level skills, ability to do any and all practitioner and Master Practitioner techniques simultaneously both overtly and covertly. Use of deep and shallow metaphor;
- Demonstrate facility to shift between content and form (i.e., between experience and labeling).
- Ability to do (demonstrate behavior) what one is teaching and to teach what one is doing - and to label it linguistically (Model Self).
- Demonstration of Presentation and Teaching Skills.
- Demonstration of personal styles and artistry (indicating that a person is integrating skills into his/her own behavior).
- Pacing and leading; Demonstration of personal styles and artistry (indicating that a person is integrating skills into his/her own behavior).
- Respect for audience (i.e., at least keeping separate your and others model of the world, and responding to these congruently, considering and responding ecologically to others; conscious and unconscious processes;
- Ability to answer questions (including discerning level and intent of questions and generating level-appropriate responses).
- Design of presentation: At the least, setting opening and closing frames, setting outcomes, chunking and sequencing of information and experience, balancing information-giving and occasions for discovery, facilitating generalization of information and skills across context and time;
- Design and exercises: At the least, providing for both overt and covert learning in each exercise, including previously learned material - for cumulative learning, specifying outcomes of exercises, providing a task for all involved persons ensuring behavioral learning, including a future pace;
- Explanation of exercises including the ability to explain and exercise behaviorally without the use of notes or printed aids;
- Use of deep and shallow metaphor;
- Utilization of multilevel feedback; ongoing re-evaluation and incorporation of overt and covert information from individuals and group;
- Graceful intervention and groups; at the least maintaining rapport and giving specific sensory grounded feedback, via questions that directionalize appropriate search to facilitate people's discovery for themselves, demonstration, or, if necessary, overtly telling them what to do;
- "Tasking"; creating of a task that presupposes that a person behaves in a different way that expands his/her model of the world;
- Ability to do demonstrations.
- Demonstration of personal styles and artistry (indicating that a person is intergrating skills into his/her behavior.
Practitioner Trainer Endorsement Minimum of 130 hours teaching or assisting in Practitioner certification training to be endorsed to do Practitioner Training;
Master Practitoner Trainer Endorsement A minimum additional 130 hours teaching or assisting in MP training to be endorsed to do MP training.
Minimum of 12 hours supervision by two Fellows from two different NLP organizations.
The Combined Instructional Time and Supervision Requirements is 272 hours for Trainer Certification.